Caramelised Pear, Walnut & Goats Cheese Salad
Serves: 4-6 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 10 mins
- 2 x pears, thickly sliced
- 1 x bag of rocket and mixed salad leaves
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 25g butter
- Goats cheese
- Balsamic vinegar, to serve
- Extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- Pepper, to season
1. Heat the butter in a large, non-stick frypan until it starts foaming. Add 1 x pear (sliced) and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until it starts to brown.
2. Sprinkle half a teaspoon of sugar over the pears and cook for further 2-3 minutes until the pears start to caramelise. Season with pepper and then remove the pears from the pan. Allow to cool for a minute and then add balsamic vinegar to the pan and allow to bubble for 1 minute, stirring. Then remove the and set aside.
3. Allow pan to cool for a minute and then add balsamic vinegar and allow to bubble for 1 minute, stirring. Then remove the pears and set aside.
4. Add the walnuts to a frypan and heat over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring regularly to avoid burning.
5. In a large bowl, add the rocket and mixed salad leaves. Top with sliced raw pear, toasted walnuts. Then add the caramelised pear and sprinkle with goats cheese. Drizzle the balsamic sauce from the pan over the salad and then add an additional drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
For more healthy and delicious salad recipes, click here.
Join The Biting Truth Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive our Meal Planning Guide & 10% discount off our shop page.