- 150g Asian Marinated Tofu (click here for recipe)
- 3/4 cup uncooked brown rice or quinoa
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 3/4 cup frozen deshelled edamame beans, blanched
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 tbsp sauerkraut (we’re loving Gaga’s Sauerkraut at the moment)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, to decorate
- Prepare asian marinated tofu. Follow this recipe here.
- Cook brown rice or quinoa according to packet instructions.
- Assemble ingredients in a bowl by laying rice on the bottom, top with tofu, avocado, carrot, edamame, cucumber, cabbage and sauerkraut
- Decorate with sesame seeds.
- We found there was enough sauce from the tofu, however, option to drizzle with kewpie mayonnaise if desired.
- Tofu is an excellent source of plant-based protein and contains all 9 essential amino acids. It’s also an excellent source of iron and calcium (depending on the preparation process).
- For more dinner recipe ideas, click here.
- To check out our Flexitarian Cookbook, click here.