Wholesome Tuna & Freekah Power Bowl
Serves: 1 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1/3 cup uncooked Freekah (or pearl barley)
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- ¼ cup corn kernels, canned, rinsed
- ½ small cucumber, sliced
- ½ cup edamame beans, shelled
- ½ small carrot, diced
- 1 x 95g can Sirena chilli tuna in oil
- 1 tbsp kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 tbsp hummus
- 1 tbsp roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 tsp pepita seeds
- 1-2 tbsp fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- Balsamic vinegar, to serve
- Lemon, to serve
1. Cook Freekah (or Pearl Barley) according to packet instructions.
2. In a bowl, place spinach, corn, cucumber, edamame, carrot and tuna.
3. Once freekah is cooked add this to the bowl and top with hummus, almonds, spring onion, pepita seeds and coriander.
4. To serve, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and a squeeze of lemon.