Turmeric Rice Salad Bowl
Serves: 2 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 30 mins
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 1 tsp McCormick Organic Turmeric
- 2 cups salt reduced chicken stock
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp kalamata olives, sliced
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 small lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Balsamic vinegar, to serve
- Extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- Lemon wedge, to serve
1. To make the turmeric rice, heat a drizzle of olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the rice and gently stir until rice begins to brown. Add the turmeric then slowly add the chicken stock. Bring to a boil then turn the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes or until well cooked. Remove from the heat and fluff with a fork.
2. Once the rice has cooled, divide rice between 2 bowls and add tomatoes, olives, baby spinach, chickpeas, cucumber, parsley and feta cheese.
3. Drizzle balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and lemon over salad. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!