Childcare Menu Development & Review
The early childhood years are a critical time for experiencing new foods and developing eating behaviours and food preferences. Early childcare settings play an important role in exposing children to a variety of nutritious foods and promoting healthy lifelong eating habits. In the early years, children grow and develop more than at any other life stage, so good nutrition is key to support optimal growth, development and overall health.
Sadly, many children aren’t getting enough of what they need and are getting too much of what they don’t need. A few scary statistics:
- 40% of Australian children do not meet the guidelines of fruit intake
- 8 out of 10 children do not eat the recommended serves of vegetables per day.
- In the past decade, the prevalence of overweight and obesity has more than doubled.
It is a complex issue with many possible solutions, but one of the simplest ways to address it right now is through optimal nutrition.
The Biting Truth are experts in creating wholesome and nutritious childcare menus for babies and toddlers.
They have been bringing their wealth of expertise to centres around Australia for many years and are the resident dietitians at Only About Children.
The Biting Truth understands how important it is that the children in your centres stay fuelled with the right foods.
The Biting Truth can create tailored menus to suit the needs of your organisation.
Menu development includes (however is not limited to):
- Development of a 4-6 week rotating menus
> Includes breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, late snack
> Allergy alternatives provided on menu
> All meals are nut free
> Vegetarian options provided for each meal
> Menu will meet the Australian Dietary Guidelines and long day care requirements.
- Research and planning conducted by Accredited Practising Dietitians.
- Liaising with appropriate individuals e.g. centre cooks and directors to review menus and provide feedback.
- Recipe book and display menus provided
- Ability to advertise the menus as ‘dietitian-designed’
For more information and to enquire about costs, please complete the contact form below.
Interested in working with us?
Please complete the form below and we’ll be in touch.