Childcare Dietitian Support
Leading Australian providers for holistic nutrition support to early learning centres and child care organisations.
Good nutrition during early childhood plays a vital role in a child’s physical and mental development. It is also key to ensuring children develop life long healthy eating habits and attitudes.
Our team of accredited practising dietitians will work with your organisation to improve the health and wellbeing outcomes of your children and families.
- The Biting Truth can partner with your organisation to provide ongoing nutrition support.
- Nutritional resources and support for cooks, educators and families.
- Individualised care for children.
- Menu support.
- Bespoke menus designed to suit the needs of your organisation.
- Menus exceed Australian Dietary Guidelines and long day care requirements.
- Ability to advertise the menus as ‘dietitian-designed’.
- Allergy and intolerance support and information provided.
Parent Nutrition Seminars
- Live nutrition seminars/webinars.
- Practical, science-based advice on a range of topics.
- Opportunity to further support your families.
- 60 minute workshops with live Q&A.
Why is Nutrition Important During Child Care?
The early childhood years are a critical time for experiencing new foods and developing eating behaviours and food preferences. Early childcare settings play an important role in exposing children to a variety of nutritious foods and promoting healthy lifelong eating habits. In the early years, children grow and develop more than at any other life stage, so good nutrition is key to support optimal growth, development and overall health.
Sadly, many children aren’t getting enough of what they need and are getting too much of what they don’t need. A few scary statistics:
- 40% of Australian children do not meet the guidelines of fruit intake
- 8 out of 10 children do not eat the recommended serves of vegetables per day.
- In the past decade, the prevalence of overweight and obesity has more than doubled.
It is a complex issue with many possible solutions, but one of the simplest ways to address it right now is through optimal nutrition.
Who are we?
The Biting Truth are a team of trusted childhood nutrition consultants and Accredited Practising Dietitians. We have a no-nonsense, science based approach to nutrition and wellness. Anna and Alex are regular guests in the media and appear across TV, radio, online and print publications. They also run a successful Instagram account @thebitingtruth.
The Biting Truth are in high demand as they are leading experts in the field of childhood nutrition and they deliver reputable, evidenced based advice services. The Biting Truth have 10 years of experience working within the childcare sector and supporting organisations in improving their health and wellbeing offering.
We don’t do one-size-fits all formulas, but rather have the agility and adaptability to focus on the needs for your childcare organisation. Our interest lies in helping childcare centres ensure nutrition is incorporated in all aspects and supports children to grow, develop and function optimally.
Interested in working with us?
Please complete the form below and we’ll be in touch.