Thai Green Tofu Curry
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 tsp Gourmet Garden Lemongrass Paste
- 1cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 400g firm tofu, cut into 2cm cubes
- 6 mushrooms, diced
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 small sweet potato, diced into 2cm chunks
- 400ml coconut milk
- 2 cups reduced salt vegetable stock
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 small eggplant, cut into 2cm chunks
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lime wedges, cut into wedges
- 1/2 bunch coriander, chopped
- Cooked basmati rice, to serve
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large saucepan or pot over medium heat. Add the garlic, shallots, lemongrass paste and ginger and saute for 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the tofu, mushrooms, chilli flakes, turmeric, coriander and cinnamon to the pot and saute for 3-5 minutes. Add the soy sauce.
- Add the sweet potato, coconut milk, stock, broccoli and eggplant.
- Bring the curry to a boil over a medium heat and then let simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to packet instructions.
- Serve curry over a bed of rice with a wedge of lime and sprinkle with fresh coriander. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make a large batch of this recipe and keep it in the fridge for quick and easy dinners throughout the week! Alternatively you can freeze it and keep for months.
- If you’re looking for more vegetarian recipes, check out our Flexitarian Cookbook!