Supergrain Salmon & Kale
Serves: 2 | Cook: 30 mins
- 1 cup freekeh, uncooked
- 3 cups reduced salt vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- ½ bunch Kale, leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 pack Huon Salmon Portions – Skin Off
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 1 Spring onion, finely diced
- ¼ bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- To cook the freekah, place freekah and stock in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for approximately a further 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the salmon on a baking tray and brush generously with harissa paste. Grill for 10-12 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic, kale and chilli and a squeeze of lemon and a pinch of salt. Sautee for 5-6 minutes.
- Combine freekeh and kale in a bowl. Once the salmon has finished cooking add to the bowl. Option to break into chunks.
- Pour dressing over the top. Sprinkle with spring onion and coriander. Season and toss well.
- You can mix up this Salmon & Kale recipe by incorporating any wholegrain (e.g. brown rice, couscous, barley).
- Salmon is an excellent source of protein and omega 3, which are essential for a healthy brain. We recommend aiming to include oily fish in your diet twice a week for optimal nutrition.
- For more delicious dinner recipes, click here.
- To check out our Flexitarian Cookbook, click here.