Spiced Roast Pumpkin Soup
Serves: 4 | Prep time: 20 mins | Cook time: 1 hour
- 1kg pumpkin (kent or butternut), diced
- 1 brown onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1L vegetable stock, salt reduced
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Fresh coriander, to serve
- Greek yoghurt, to serve
- Wholegrain bread, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Dice pumpkin into chunks and place on baking tray. Add whole garlic cloves and onion wedges.
- Sprinkle pumpkin with cinnamon, cumin and coriander and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake in oven for 40-50 minutes or until pumpkin is golden and tender.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add roasted pumpkin, garlic and onion and stock. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until heated through. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Blend pumpkin mixture until smooth using a hand blender. Taste test and adjust accordingly.
- Ladle pumpkin soup into serving bowls. Drizzle with greek yoghurt and sprinkle with coriander. Serve with wholegrain toast.