Raspberry Coconut Slice
Makes: 12-15 pieces | Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 2 cups coconut flour
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 tbsp honey
1.Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking dish with baking paper.
2. To make the jam: place the frozen raspberries in a small saucepan and simmer on a low heat until they are completely defrosted and start to break down. Remove from heat and stir in honey, lemon juice and chia seeds. Transfer to the fridge to set.
3. To make the base: Add the ingredients into a food processor and blitz until combined. Transfer base mixture into lined baking dish. Evenly spread the mixture and press down with your fingers into the baking dish. Transfer tray to the oven for ~15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven.
4. To make the topping: add all ingredients to the food processor and blitz until a crumble has formed. Set aside.
5. Spread a layer of the raspberry jam over the base and sprinkle over the coconut topping. Transfer to the oven for a further 10-15 minutes, until golden.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes prior to slicing.
- This Raspberry Coconut Slice recipe is a great option for kids lunchbox as it is nut-free. You can freeze portions and pop them into the lunchbox to defrost by morning tea or lunch time.
- For more super delicious treat recipes, check out our Flexitarian Cookbook & Eating Guide
- Get delicious recipes and nutrition support via our Instagram.
- For more recipes, click here.
Join The Biting Truth Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive our Meal Planning Guide & 10% discount off our shop page.