Nourishing Chicken & Vegetable Soup
Serves: 4 | Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 1 hour
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 4 small potatoes, diced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1L vegetable stock, salt reduced
- 600g chicken breast
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley, to serve
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek and garlic. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until soft. Add carrot, celery, potatoes, zucchini, italian seasoning and fennel seeds. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir in stock and chicken. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally for 1 hour or until chicken is cooked.
- Remove chicken from the soup and shred with two forks. Transfer back to pot and mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Ladle soup into bowls and enjoy!