Serves: 4-6 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 45 mins
- 3 eggplants, halved and quartered
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced salt soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons brown miso paste
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1cm piece fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced, to serve
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius fan-forced.
- Cut eggplants in half lengthways and use a knife to score a diamond pattern into the eggplants.
- In a bowl, mix together the oil, honey, miso paste and mirin, ginger, sesame seeds.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the eggplants and cook on each side for 3-4 minutes.
- Use a pastry brush to brush the miso sauce over the eggplants generously. Place on a lined baking tray and cook in the oven for 40 minutes, or until eggplant is cooked through.
- Sprinkle miso eggplants with sesame seeds and spring onions and serve warm!