Lentil, Feta & Spinach Salad
Serves: 4 | Prep time: 10 mins
120g baby spinach
1 x 400g canned brown lentils
1 punnet cherry tomatoes
1 avocado, diced
2 tbsp capers
2 cups cooked brown rice
1/2 cup feta, crumbled
Lemon, cut into wedges (to serve)
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp sugar
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to season
- Drain and rinse the canned lentils, halve the cherry tomatoes.
- To make the dressing, heat balsamic vinegar in a saucepan with sugar for 2-3 minutes, until boiling and starting to caramelise.
- Combine spinach, lentils, cherry tomatoes, avocado, capers and cooked brown rice in a bowl. Crumble feta over the top.
- Drizzle caramelised balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil over salad, add a squeeze of lemon and season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
- This Lentil, Feta & Spinach Salad is one of our favourite go-to vegetarian salads. It is loaded with plant based goodness from the vegetables and lentils. The balsamic glaze gives it a delicious sweetness.
- Try mixing it up by adding some grilled halloumi.
- For more delicious salad recipes, click here.
- Check out our Flexitarian Cookbook for loads more delicious, fresh recipes.
- Check us out on Instagram.