Honey Mustard Glazed Salmon with Zucchini Salad
Serves: 6 | Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 20 mins
- 1kg Fresh Huon Salmon Fillet (Premium Grade)
- ¼ cup wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 11/2 tbsp honey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly cracked pepper
- 1 tsp ground smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ bunch parsley, finely chopped, to season
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1 zucchini, sliced into thin circles
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100g pea shoots, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 shallots, chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Heat oven to 200° C. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil.
- To make the marinade, in a small bowl, whisk the wholegrain mustard, dijon mustard, honey, garlic, white wine vinegar, salt, pepper, ground paprika, ground cumin and ground coriander. Taste and adjust accordingly.
- Place the salmon skin-side down on the foil. We recommend patting salmon dry with paper towels. Top with the marinade and spread it out to cover the whole fillet.
- Transfer salmon to oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a frypan over low heat and roast the pine nuts for 3-4 minutes.
- To make the salad, in a large bowl combine the zucchini, tomatoes, pea shoots, avocado and shallots in a large bowl. Top with roasted pine nuts.
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, parsley, salt and pepper. Taste sauce and adjust accordingly. Drizzle sauce over the salad.
- Serve salad on top of salmon fillet or on the side. Enjoy!
- You can make this recipe using individual salmon fillets, you just need to adjust the marinade ingredients accordingly and simply coat individual fillets with the marinade.
- This recipe was created in collaboration with Huon Aquaculture.
- For more delicious dinner recipes, click here.
- Follow us on Instagram at @thebitingtruth.
- Check out our Flexitarian Cookbook.