Apricot & Coconut Energy Balls
Makes: 12 balls | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 40 minutes
1 cup almonds or cashews
1 cup dried apricots
1/2 cup dates (soaked in boiling water)
1/2 cup desiccated coconut (plus extra for rolling)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of cinnamon
1 tbsp white chia seeds
2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
1/4 lemon zest
- Place nuts in food processor and blitz for 1 – 2 minutes, or until crumbled.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and blend until well combined. Note: if the mixture is not sticking together, add a tablespoon of warm water.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Place some coconut on a large plate. Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls and roll in the coconut to coat.
- Place balls in an airtight container in the fridge to harden. Balls should keep for up to 7 days in the fridge.