Strawberry, Zucchini, Apple and Banana Muffins
Serves: 10 | Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 Bananas
- 2 Zucchinis
- 1 Apple
- 250g Wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Rice malt syrup, pureed dates or honey (optional)
- Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 Punnet strawberries, sliced
- Shredded coconut, 1/2 cup
1. Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
2. Line muffin tray with paper cases or spray muffin tray with olive oil.
3. Grate the zucchinis and apples. Use a tea towel to squeeze out any excess juice.
4. Using a fork, mash the bananas.
5. In a bowl sift the flour. Then add the rice malt syrup,cinnamon, apple and zucchini and stir to combine.
6. Add the bananas and mix together. (Note: be careful not to over stir the mixture).
7. Stir in the oil until the mixture forms together. (Note: add water if required).
8. Spoon the mixture into cases and press a slice of strawberry onto the top of each muffin. Then top with a sprinkle of shredded coconut.
9. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
For more healthy and delicious treats click here.
Join The Biting Truth Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive our Meal Planning Guide & 10% discount off our shop page.