Weet-Bix & Banana Pancakes
Makes: 6 small pancakes | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 Weet-Bix, crushed
- 3/4 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 banana, mashed/pureed
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Pepita seeds, to serve
- Fresh berries, to serve
- Greek yoghurt, to serve
- Blitz both weet-bix in a blender until they are finely crushed and combine in a bowl with flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Whisk in the eggs and add vanilla essence and mashed banana. Slowly add the milk and continue to whisk and you get a smooth batter.
- Heat a fry pan with extra virgin olive oil. Using a ladle, drop a ladle full of the batter onto the pan and fry lightly until bubbles start to form on the surface. Flip and continue to cook until golden.
- Repeat step 3 until remaining batter is used up.
- Serve pancakes with a dollop of greek yoghurt, fresh berries and a sprinkle of pepita seeds.
- For more delicious breakfast recipes, click here.
- This recipe was created in partnership with Sanitarium.
Join The Biting Truth Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive our Meal Planning Guide & 10% discount off our shop page.