Healthy Walnut & Banana Bread
Serves: 8-10 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 55 minutes
- 3 medium bananas
- 2 eggs
- 125ml olive oil
- 80ml rice malt syrup or honey
- 60g natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 150g wholemeal self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 50g walnuts, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line loaf tin with baking paper.
2. In a bowl, mash 2 of the bananas and then add the eggs, olive oil, rice malt syrup, yoghurt, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix together until combined.
3. Add in the flour, cinnamon and walnuts and gently combine.
4. Pour the batter into the lined loaf tin. Top the batter with sliced banana.
5. Bake in the oven for 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
6. Leave to cool on a wired rack for 15 minutes before serving.