Quorn Fajita Strips Soba Noodle Stir Fry
Serves: 4 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 packet soba noodles
- 400g quorn fajita strips
- 1 cup edamame beans
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- Topping ideas: coriander, chilli flakes
- ⅓ cup soy sauce, salt reduced
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes
- In a small bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan or wok. Add garlic and mushrooms and fry for a few minutes, or until slightly browned. Then add the broccoli and capsicum and continue stirring.
- Cook soba noodles according to packet instructions. Once cooked, run under cold water and set aside.
- Add quorn strips to the pan and mix in the sauce. Then add soba noodles and edamame beans and stir well to warm through.
- Season with salt and pepper and option to sprinkle over some coriander.
- Quorn is a meat substitute made that contains Mycoprotein, which is a natural nutritious fungus. It is high in protein, high in fibre, low in saturated fat and contains no cholesterol.
- Option to replace Quorn with tofu.