Tuna Veggie Bowl with Cauliflower Rice
Serves: 2 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes
- ½ head broccoli, chopped
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 1 zucchini, finely diced
- 1 tspb extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x 400g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, salt reduced
- 1 x 95g can Sirena tuna in italian oil
- 1 tomato, diced
- ½ avocado, diced
- 1 lime, to serve
- Tortilla chips, to serve
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Salt and pepper, to season
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC and line tray with baking paper. Add broccoli, onion and zucchini and roast for 30 minutes.
2. Add cauliflower to blender or food processor and pulse up until it is a fine grain (should look similar to rice).
3. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a fry pan and add black beans. Saute for 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
4. Heat a drizzle of sesame oil in a fry pan and add garlic, cooking for 2 minutes. Add cauliflower and soy sauce and cook for a 3-4 minutes. Remove and set aside.
5. To make the bowls divide cauliflower rice, black beans and tuna between bowls. Top with tomato, avocado and roasted veggies. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve with a wedge of lime and some crackers.
2. In a large bowl, combine sweet potato, potato, red onion, brussel sprouts, carrots, zucchini, capsicum and 2 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and use your hands to mix and ensure veggies are coated in oil.
Join The Biting Truth Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive our Meal Planning Guide & 10% discount off our shop page.