Fresh Thai Beef Salad
Serves: 3-4 | Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 30 – 60 mins (depending on length of time meat is left to marinate)
- 4 lean sandwich steaks, cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 bag rocket
- 1 cucumber
- 1 capsicum
- 1 cup mint
- 1 cup coriander
- 1 cup thai basil or normal basil leaves
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 250g baby tomatoes, cut in halves
- 1 carrot, grated into strips
- 125g dried rice vermicelli noodles, cooked in boiling water, strained and dried.
1. Combine soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice, garlic, chilli flakes, sugar and ginger into a bowl. Place beef steaks in the bowl and marinate for as long as possible.
2. Prepare salad mix; rocket, cucumber, capsicum, mint, coriander, basil leaves, spring onion, baby tomatoes, carrot and noodles. Place all salad ingredients into a salad bowl ready to serve.
3. Place oil on a chargrill or frying pan, add the beef and cook for 2-3 minutes on both sides.
4. Combine beef steaks and salad mix. Use leftover marinade mixture from the pan to drizzle over salad.
For more healthy and delicious salad recipes, click here.
Join The Biting Truth Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive our Meal Planning Guide & 10% discount off our shop page.