Super Greens Penne Pulse Pasta
Serves: 2 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes
- 150g San Remo Penne Pulse Pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup broad beans (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small leek, sliced
- 1 garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 3 tbsp ricotta
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- Salt & pepper to season
- Lemon wedges, to serve
1.Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside, reserving some of the cooking water.
2. Put the peas and broad beans into a bowl and pour over boiling water. Leave for 1 minute, drain and remove the shell from the broad beans. Take approx 3/4 cup of peas and blend in a food processor or with a hand blender with 1 tbsp of water until smooth.
3. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the leek and garlic with some seasoning for 5 – 8 minutes until soft. Stir in the chilli flakes, broad beans and remaining peas, and fry for 2 minutes. Cool slightly and then combine in a bowl with the pureed peas, ricotta, parmesan, lemon zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
4. Tip the pasta back into the pan and add the pea and leek mix and a splash of the cooking water. Mix well and serve with a wedge of lemon.
5. Divide into bowls, and sprinkle with additional parsley.
- We used the San Remo Penne Pulse Pasta in this recipe however it would work well with any of the varieties from their range. You can check them out here.
- Pulse pasta is a great way to boost the protein and fibre in your diet. Per serve, pulse pasta contains more than double the fibre of regular pasta and almost double the protein!
- For more delicious vegetarian recipes, click here.