Glazed Salmon & Soba Noodles
- 4 x 200grams Atlantic Salmon fillets
- 1 punnet of shitake Mushrooms sliced
- 80 grams of soba noodles
- 1 chilli, sliced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 150g Sugar snap peas
Soy & Ginger Broth
- 2 litres of chicken stock
- 200ml soy
- 100ml of Mirin
- 50 grams Ginger
- 4x Star anise
- 4x clove of garlic
- 1x chilli
- 4x lemongrass sticks
- 1x cinnamon stick
- 6x Kaffiar lime leaves
- 6x Eschallots
- 100ml soy
- 20ml Sesame oil
- 100ml Ponzu
- 200ml Mirin
- Broth: Roughly chop lemongrass, ginger, eschallots, garlic and chilli and place together in a medium saucepan. Add lime leaves, salt and pepper, cinnamon, star anise, soy, soy, mirin & chicken stock. Bring to the boil then allow to simmer for 30 minutes. Set aside for an 1 hour and then strain
- Mirin glaze: Mix sweet soy, sesame oil, ponzu and mirin in a small bowl and place aside. Place the salmon fillets in the mirin glaze and allow to marinade for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees celsius. Place a frying pan on a high heat with some oil, once the saucepan is smoking, seal the salmon fillet for 3-4 minutes each side. Once salmon is sealed, put the salmon in the oven for 8-10 minutes for pink or 12-15 minutes for a well-done fillet.
- In a small saucepan bring some of the broth back up to a boil and place the sliced shitake mushrooms and sugar snap peas in. Allow for the mushroom to cook before taking off the heat.
- Cook soba noodles according to packet instructions.
- To serve, place the noodles in a bowl, pour the broth over the top and spoon on the mushrooms. Place the cooked salmon on top and garnish with chilli and shallots.
Our recent trip to Shellharbour and visit to Relish restarurant inspired this recipe! We were so impressed with this meal that we’ve tried to recreate something similar! Definitely worth a visit if you happen to be in Shellharbour.
Join The Biting Truth Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive our Meal Planning Guide & 10% discount off our shop page.