Balsamic Roasted Tomatoes with Salmon & Risoni topped with Herby Breadcrumbs
Serves: 2 | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1 ½ punnets cherry tomatoes
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tsp dried herbs (e.g. oregano, thyme, paprika, Italian seasoning)
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 cube reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 3 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup uncooked risoni
- 2 x 140g salmon fillets, skin off
- 1 small slice wholegrain bread
Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Add cherry tomatoes, spring onions and 2 garlic cloves to the baking tray. Sprinkle with 2 tsp of mixed herbs, balsamic vinegar , 1½ tbsp olive oil and white wine vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the tray to the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
Cook risoni according to packet instructions. Once water is boiling add in stock cube. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
Remove the baking tray from the oven, add the spinach leaves and mix to combine with tomatoes. Place the salmon fillets on top of the tomatoes. Transfer back to the oven for 8-10 mins or until the salmon is cooked through.
In a food processor add in slice of bread, remaining mixed dried herbs and 1 garlic clove, blitz until fine and crumbly.
Heat ½ a tbsp olive oil in a frying pan, add in your breadcrumbs and fry for 2-3 minutes, until golden.
To serve, add risoni to a plate and top with roast tomatoes and salmon. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Enjoy!
- For more super delicious and healthy recipes, check The Biting Truth Cookbook.
- Follow us on Instagram.
- Check out more recipes here.
Join The Biting Truth Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive our Meal Planning Guide & 10% discount off our shop page.