Sweet Potato, Red Lentil & Coconut Soup
Serves: 4-6 | Prep time: 60 minutes
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 red onions
- ½ tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh red chilli, finely diced
- ½ bunch of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 125g red lentils
- 1 litre organic vegetable stock
- 1 x 400g tin of light coconut milk
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Optional: Fresh coriander to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced.
- Dice sweet potatoes into large cubes and roughly chop onions. Transfer onto roasting tray lined with baking paper.
- Drizzle sweet potato and onion with with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with cumin seeds and ground coriander. Then season with salt & pepper and toss to coat.
- Transfer tray to the oven and roast for 40 – 45 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic, chilli and half of the coriander and saute for 1-2 minutes. Then add red lentils to pan and stir for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Pour in stock and coconut milk and bring to the boil. Allow to come to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- When veggies are ready, remove from oven and add to pot. Add remaining coriander. Cook for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Remove pot from stove, add a squeeze of lemon juice and blitz soup with a stick blender until you achieve your desired consistency.
- Serve soup with fresh coriander.
Join The Biting Truth Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive our Meal Planning Guide & 10% discount off our shop page.