Red Coconut Salmon Curry
Serves: 2 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 20 mins
To prepare the salmon:
- 2 x Huon Aquaculture salmon fillets, skin-off
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
To prepare the curry sauce:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2cm piece of ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp lemongrass paste
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 x 270mL can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, salt reduced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed, halved
- ½ bunch coriander
- 3/4 cup uncooked basmati rice, to serve
1. Cook rice according to packet instructions.
2. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
3. To prepare salmon: Mix the spices and the olive oil to make a paste. Place the salmon on the baking sheet. Rub the paste over the salmon. Transfer to oven and cook for around 10 minutes.
4. To prepare the curry: Heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger, lemongrass chilli flakes and sauté for 5 minutes. Add curry paste and cook for a further 3 minutes. Add coconut milk and 1/4 cup water. Add soy sauce and lime juice. Add green beans and spinach. Cook for around 3-5 minutes.
5. Remove salmon pieces from oven and transfer to pan with curry mix. Coat salmon with curry mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
6. To serve, layer some cooked rice in a bowl. Top rice with salmon and curry mixture. Sprinkle with fresh coriander and a squeeze of lime and season with pepper.