Raw Chocolate Slice
Serves 20 | Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 30 mins
- 20 pitted medjool dates
- 1 ½ cups walnuts (ground)
- 1 cup almonds (ground)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup raw cacao nibs (you can use dark chocolate)
- 1 tsp of Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
1. Blend the walnuts and almonds in a food processor until fine. Add the dates and cacao powder and blend until combined.
2. Melt the coconut oil so the oil is in liquid form
3. In a bowl combine this mixture with oil, cacao nibs, chia seeds and cinnamon. Stir until combined.
4. Pour the mixture into a pan lined with baking paper. Press down until the mixture is evenly spread.
5. Chill in the fridge for approximately 30 minutes and cut into squares. Enjoy!
- For those with allergies or intolerances this recipe is gluten free
- Option to substitute walnuts with any other nut
- Option to substitute with other dried fruits.
- These brownies are the perfect treat when you are looking for something a little sweet. The best part is that they pack a good nutrition punch as well!
For more healthy and delicious recipes, click here.