Healthy Rainbow Slaw
Serves: 6-8 | Prep time: 20 minutes
- 2 carrots, shredded
- ½ red cabbage, finely sliced
- ½ savoy cabbage (chinese wombok cabbage), finely sliced
- 1 fennel, finely sliced
- 3 radishes, finely sliced
- 1 red apple, cored and shredded
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- ½ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 100g pistachios
- 100g cranberries, roughly chopped
1. In a large bowl, combine carrots, red cabbage, savoy cabbage, fennel and radishes.
2. Squeeze the lemon juice over the shredded apple to prevent discolouration and then add apple to the large bowl with the vegetables.
3. In a seperate, smaller bowl, add red onion and then add mustard, vinegar and Extra virgin olive oil. Mix to combine and then let sit for 5 minutes.
4. When ready to serve, combine the red onion and dressing mix with the cabbage mix and use your hands to toss and combine.
5. Top with pistachios and cranberries to serve.
- This recipe is loaded with gut-loving fibre and is packed with over 10 different plant-based foods.
- The fine slicing and shredding of the vegetables gives this Rainbow Slaw an edge. We used a mandolin to slice and shred the vegetables but you could also use a fine blade on your food processor.
- For more salad recipes, click here.