Quinoa Tabouli Salad
Serves: 4 | Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 20 mins
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 cups parsley, chopped
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 spring onions, diced
- ½ lemon, juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pepper, to taste
1. Heat quinoa in a saucepan with 2 cups of water over medium heat. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, strain excess water and set aside.
2. Place the diced tomatoes, chopped parsley, red onion and spring onions into a large bowl. Add in the cool quinoa and toss to combine.
3. Add lemon juice, olive oil and pepper to taste.
Nutritional Benefits of Quinoa Tabouli
- Quinoa is often referred to as a ‘pseudo-grain’ as it is cooked and eaten as a grain however it is actually a seed.
- Quinoa contains all 8 essential amino acids, which are the building blocks of protein. Quinoa contains approximately double the amount of protein of rice.
- Quinoa is a low GI carbohydrate. This means that the carbs in quinoa are digested and absorbed more slowly helping to keep you fuller for longer and more satisfied after the meal.
For more healthy and delicious salad recipes, click here!