Pineapple Glazed Ham
Prep time: 20 mins | Cook time: 1.5 hours
- 4kg ham
- Cloves, to decorate
- 1 medium pineapple, peeled and cored
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp allspice
- Juice the pineapple in a juice.
- Take ham out of the fridge 1 hour prior to cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 160C fan-forced. Place the oven shelf in the lowest position in the oven.
- Transfer glaze ingredients to a bowl and mix until well combined. Transfer sauce to a saucepan and cook over low heat for 5 minutes until sugar dissolves and mixture thickens slightly.
- Remove rind from the ham and use a knife to score the fat (you may need to look up instruction on how to do this, or alternatively you can purchase a ham where this has already been done).
- Place ham in a large baking dish on a rack (so ham isn’t touching the bottom of the dish). To ensure ham is level in the dish, place scrunched up piece of aluminium foil under the bone of the ham
- Using a brush or spoon, coat the surface and face of the ham with ⅓ the glaze.
- Pour ½ cup water in the bottom of the baking dish (under the rack) then transfer ham to the oven.
- Bake for 1 ½ hours, basting every 20 minutes with the remaining glaze and juices from the pan.
- Allow the ham to rest for at least 20 minutes before serving, continuing to baste before serving.
- Transfer the ham to a serving platter. Remove cloves and cover the platter with pineapple pieces to decorate.