Pulled Chicken & Pineapple Tacos
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (around 400g)
- 1 cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to season
- ½ pineapple, diced
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, diced
- ¼ bunch coriander, chopped
Coriander lime sauce:
- 1 cup plain natural yoghurt
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- ¼ cup coriander, chopped
- In your slow cooker, combine the chicken, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook and cover on low for 6 hours, or high for 3 – 4 hours, until chicken is cooked through. When it is done cooking, shred the chicken using 2 forks in the slow cooker. Will be falling apart and shred very easily. Stir around in juices.
- To make the salsa, mix the pineapple, capsicum, onion, tomato together. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make the sauce, add all the ingredients to a small bowl and mix until combined. Season with pepper.
- Build tacos by adding shredded chicken and topping with pineapple salsa, yoghurt sauce and some smashed avocado. Enjoy with a squeeze of lime over the top.