Parsnip & White Bean Soup
Serves: 4-6 | Prep time: 40 minutes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion
- 4 parsnips
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 x 420g tin of cannellini beans
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 thyme sprig
- 1 bay leaf
- 1L chicken stock
- Salt & pepper to season
- Chop parsnips into small chunk, dice the onion and finely chop the garlic.
- Heat oil in a medium pan, cook onion and parsnips for 10 minutes, or until softened.
- Add bay leaf, garlic, rinsed cannellinni beans, nutmeg, cumin seeds,thyme and stock and simmer for 15 minutes
- Remove bay leaf from the soup and then blitz with a stick blender until smooth. If you prefer the soup to be a little less thick, add some extra stock or water
- Serve with salt and pepper.
- Check out our cooking video for this recipe on our YouTube channel.
- We love soups as they are so easy to whip together and make for the perfect mid week lunch or dinner meal! To check out our other soup recipes, click here.
- Roasted cauliflower is a lovely addition to this soup.
Join The Biting Truth Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive our Meal Planning Guide & 10% discount off our shop page.