Grilled Chicken Nourish Bowl with Beetroot Hummus
Serves: 2 | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 40 minutes
- 150g San Remo Spiral Pasta
- 200g chicken breast
- 2 tsp moroccan seasoning
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1 small sweet potato, diced
- 1/2 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 head of small broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 radish, sliced
- 2 tsp capers
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar, to serve
Ingredients for the hummus dip (makes 1 batch to serve ~10-15 people):
- 400g can chickpeas
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 juice of a lemon
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- Pinch of paprika
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 can 425g beetroot
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 190°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place diced sweet potato onto baking tray, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in oven for 40 minutes (or until cooked through).
3. Cook pasta according to packet instructions and set aside.
4. Drizzle chicken breast with olive oil and season with moroccan seasoning.
5. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat and add chicken. Cook for 6-8 minutes on each side, turning occasionally, until cooked through. Once cooked, remove from pan, slice into thin pieces and set aside.
6. In a small saucepan, boil water and cook broccoli for a few minutes.
7. Meanwhile, to make the hummus, combine all ingredients in food processor and blitz until combined.
8. In two bowls, place spinach, pasta, sweet potato, chicken, cherry tomatoes and radish. Top with capers and a dollop of the beetroot hummus dip.
9. To serve, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and a squeeze of lemon.
- Option to replace pasta with brown rice or quinoa
- We recommend using seasonal vegetables
- This recipe works great substituting chicken for tofu