Lentil, Kale & Quinoa Soup
Serves: 6 – 8 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 celery sticks, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 cup dried red lentils, rinsed
- 2 canned tomatoes, diced
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups kale, chopped
1. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sautee onion for 2 – 3 minutes. Then add carrots and celery and stir.
2. Add garlic, cumin, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, pepper and chilli flakes and stir.
3. Add zucchini, quinoa, lentils, canned tomatoes, vegetable stock and water to the pot and bring to a boil.
4. Once boiling, lower the heat and allow to simmer for 20 – 25 minutes.
5. Add chopped kale and stir for 2 – 3 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and serve.
Join The Biting Truth Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive our Meal Planning Guide & 10% discount off our shop page.