Kids Minestrone Soup
Serves: 4 – 8 | Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 stalks Celery, diced
- 2 Potato peeled and diced
- 1L Vegetable stock, reduced salt
- 1 x 400g canned legume (e.g. cannellini beans, kidney beans, butter beans)
- 1 x can dicd tomatoes (400g)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup uncooked pasta (small shape)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp Oregano, dried
- Salt and pepper (to season)
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot and add onion, leek, garlic.
- Then add celery and carrots. Fry gently for 4 minutes.
- Add potato and bay leaf and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the stock, oregano, crushed tomatoes and tomato paste and bring to the boil.
- Add pasta and kidney beans and cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until pasta is cooked. Add more boiling water to the pot if it needs more liquid.
- To serve, season with salt and pepper and option to serve with wholegrain toast soldiers.
Join The Biting Truth Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive our Meal Planning Guide & 10% discount off our shop page.