Healthy Prawn Fried Rice
- 2 eggs, whistled
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 400g peeled banana prawns
- 1 carrot, diced
- ½ capsicum, diced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- ½ pineapple, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt & pepper, to season
- 1/2 lime, juiced
1. Whisk the eggs in a small bowl.
2. Heat half of the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour the egg into the pan and cook for 2 – 3 minutes until the egg is set. Gently roll egg onto itself. Remove from pan and slice egg roll thinly. Set aside as you will add this back in later.
3. Add remaining olive oil and sesame oil to the same pan over medium-high heat and stir fry shallots for 2 – 3 minutes. Add garlic, prawns, carrot and capsicum to pan.
4. Add cooked brown rice , peas, pineapple a pinch of salt and pepper and soy sauce to the pan and toss for 2 minutes until everything is well coated.
5. Add egg strips back to pan and mix through for 1 minute. Finally, season with salt and pepper and squeeze half a lime juice over the fried rice mixture.’
6. To serve, sprinkle with some fresh shallots, divide between bowls and enjoy!