- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cups barley
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup pepita seeds
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (e.g. apricots, cranberries, dates, sultanas)
- Preheat the oven to 160C and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Place all ingredients (except the dried fruit) in a large bowl and mix well to combine. If you would like to sweeten the mixture, you might like to drizzle some honey throughout.
- Spread the mixture out evenly on the lined baling tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir the mixture. Bake for another 10 – 15 minutes or until crunchy.
- Remove the tray form the oven. Sprinkle dried fruit throughout the mixture and allow to cool.
- Serve granola with some Greek yoghurt and fresh fruit for a perfectly balanced breakfast.
- This tasty granola should keep in a tightly sealed jar for up to two weeks.
- You might like to add a little bit of honey to sweeten this up. However, the best option is to enjoy with some fresh fruit for natural sweetness.
- To view more of our yummy breakfast recipes, click here.