Healthy Grain Bowl
Serves: 2 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 Sunrice Brown Rice & Quinoa Quick Cups
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups baby spinach or lettuce
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 1 handful of sprouts
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sauerkraut
- 2 tablespoons beetroot salad (available at Coles and Woolworths)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- Cook rice in microwave according to packet instructions.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil. Carefully add eggs to boiling water and allow to cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove eggs from the pan and run under cool water. Carefully remove shell and set aside.
- To prepare salad, lay out two bowls or plates and cover bottom with spinach or lettuce. Compile the salad ingredients (avocado, sprouts, tomato, carrots sauerkraut, beetroot salad) on top of each bowl.
- Add all the dressing ingredients in a small jar and mix to combine.
- Add eggs and rice to the each salad and mix in salad dressing. Season with pepper to taste.
- Adding sauerkraut helps to boost the probiotics, which are the live friendly bacteria that keep your gut healthy. Click here to learn more about probiotics.
- This salad contains a variety of vegetables, which means there are loads of different types of fibres and prebiotics, all which helps to look after your gut and overall wellbeing.
For more salad recipes click here.