Garlic Prawn & Fennel Pasta
Serves: 4 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bulb fennel, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup Riesling
- 1 x punnet cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 x 700g bottle passata sauce
- 300g dried angel hair pasta
- 200g green prawns, de-shelled
- 1 fresh long red chilli, chopped finely
- 1 lemon
- Salt & pepper, to season
1. Heat a splash of olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 – 4 minutes. Add 1 garlic clove and fennel and stir for 2 – 3 minutes. Add Riesling and allow to heat for 2 – 3 minutes. Add chopped cherry tomatoes and tomato passata. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10- 12 minutes.
2. Leave the sauce to cool a little, then, in small batches, blitz in a blender until smooth.
3. Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
4. Meanwhile, heat a splash olive oil in a large pan over high heat. Add remaining garlic and chilli and stir. Add chopped prawns and cook for 1 minute. Then pour the sauce in the pan and add 1 teaspoon lemon rind and bring to a simmer.
5. Once the pasta is cooked, drain cooked pasta and place it on top of the sauce. Mix to combine and remove from heat.
6. Divide mixture between bowls and top with a squeeze of lemon and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Serve with a handful of rocket or a side salad.
- If you’re looking to eat well, boost energy and feel strong, then we recommend signing up to our 8 week Nutrition Reboot Program. You’ll receive meal plans, recipes, nutrition videos, community support and so much more!