Sticky Oven Baked Sesame Chicken
Serves: 3-4 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 40 minutes
- 4 gloves garlic, crushed (option to use 4 teaspoons minced garlic)
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger, minced (or 1 teaspoon minced ginger)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 6 small chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees fan oven and line a baking dish with baking paper.
2. Trim any visible fat off the chicken thighs and place them on the baking paper.
3. In a small bowl combine the garlic, ginger, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil and vinegar and whisk together to combine. Pour this mixture over the chicken so that each piece is coated. Season with pepper.
4. Place in the oven for around 20 minutes. At this point, baste the chicken with the sauce in the pan, sprinkle with sesame seeds and place back in the oven. Turn heat up to 200 degrees fan oven and cook for a further 20 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- If you’re looking to eat well, boost energy and feel strong, then we recommend signing up to our 8 week Nutrition Reboot Program. You’ll receive meal plans, recipes, nutrition videos, community support and so much more!