Serves: 12 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 50 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup wholemeal plain flour
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 2 tbsp boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 150ºC and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl combine oats, coconut, flour, macadamias, cinnamon and salt. Add olive oil, vanilla essence, golden syrup and brown sugar.
3. In a seperate bowl combine boiling water with bicarb soda, stir until dissolved and add to biscuit mixture and mix well.
4.Roll mixture into balls and flatten into disc shapes (~1cm thick) and place on a tray (Note: for a mixture that is easier to mould, allow mixture to sit for 30 minutes covered on the bench prior to rolling).
5.Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and allow to cool prior to serving.