Crunchy Cos Lettuce Salad
Serves: 4-6 | Prep time: 5 minutes | 10 minutes
- ½ Avocado, pitted
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3cm piece of ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 80ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- Salt & Pepper, to season
- ¼ bunch fresh basil leaves
- ¼ bunch fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ bunch fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 2 baby cos lettuce
- Black sesame seeds, to serve
1. In a food processor combine avocado, garlic, ginger, lemon zest and juice, white wine vinegar, olive oil, tahini, salt and pepper and and blitz into a smooth paste.
2. Then add in basil,parsley, coriander and sesame seeds and blitz again. Add in a dash of water or vinegar to create a thinner consistency. Taste test the dressing and adjust accordingly.
3. Pull the cos lettuce leaves apart and layer them in a large salad bowl
4. Just before you are ready to eat, spoon the avocado dressing over the lettuce leaves and mix well to coat the lettuce leaves.
5. Sprinkle leaves with sesame seeds, season with salt and pepper and serve!