Crunchy Cos Lettuce Salad
Serves: 6 | Prep time: 5 minutes | 10 minutes
- 1 Avocado, pitted
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2cm piece of ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 80ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp tahini
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ bunch fresh basil leaves
- ¼ bunch fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ bunch fresh coriander leaves
- 4 baby cos lettuce, pulled apart
- Black sesame seeds, to serve
1. In a food processor combine avocado, garlic, ginger, lemon zest and juice, white wine vinegar, olive oil, tahini and salt and blitz into a smooth paste. Season with pepper.
2. Add in basil, parsley, coriander and blitz again.Taste the dressing and adjust accordingly.
3. Pull the cos lettuce leaves apart and layer them in a large salad bowl. Just before you are ready to eat, spoon the avocado dressing over the lettuce leaves and mix well to coat the lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, season with pepper and enjoy!
Join The Biting Truth Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive our Meal Planning Guide & 10% discount off our shop page.