Cinnamon Roasted Chickpeas & Vegetables With Yoghurt Dressing
Serves: 4-6 | Prep time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 45 – 60 mins
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1/4 kent pumpkin, sliced
- 2 zucchini, chopped lengthways
- 1 beetroot, diced into large chunks
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 1 tbsp pepita seeds
- Greek yoghurt, to serve
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Preheat oven to 180°C (356°F) and line baking tray with baking paper.
- Lay out pumpkin and beetroot on a baking tray. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the top, sprinkle with cinnamon and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Then transfer tray to oven for 20 minutes.
- After 20-30 minutes, take tray out of oven and add chopped zucchini, rosemary sprigs and chickpeas. Season with olive oil, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Return to pan for a further 15 – 20 minutes.
- To make yoghurt dressing, mix Greek yoghurt, lemon, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Remove tray from oven and allow to cool. Alternatively if you would like to eat warm, drizzle some of the yoghurt dressing over the roasted vegetables, sprinkle with pepita seeds and enjoy!
Please note: you can mix this recipe up by using any vegetables you’d like! Sweet potato, carrot, brussels sprouts all work really well!
To check out more of our delicious recipes, click here!
To read more about the health benefits of chickpeas, click here.
Join The Biting Truth Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive our Meal Planning Guide & 10% discount off our shop page.