Chicken & Sweet Potato Tray Bake
Serves: 4 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 50 mins
- 500g sweet potatoes (approx 2 medium sweet potatoes), peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 8 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 6 skinless chicken thigh fillets, each cut in half
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 lemons, 1 juiced and 1 cut into wedges to serve
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 100ml chicken stock, salt reduced
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Add the sweet potatoes, onions and garlic to a large roasting tray and sprinkle over the dried herbs. Season and drizzle over 1 tbsp of the oil and then toss everything together. Spread the veg out in an even layer and roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and give the veg a good mix. Add the chicken pieces, broccoli and drizzle with the remaining ½ tbsp oil. Squeeze over the lemon juice and sprinkle with the paprika. Return to the oven for 15 minutes.
- Pour over most of the chicken stock, then roast for a final 15-20 minutes (topping up with a little more stock if it starts to look too dry) until the chicken is cooked through and the veg is completely tender.
- Squeeze the garlic cloves from their skins and serve with lemon wedges.
- For more dinner recipe ideas, click here.
- To check out The Biting Truth Cookbook, click here.
- Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram.
Join The Biting Truth Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive our Meal Planning Guide & 10% discount off our shop page.