Banana & Almond Loaf
Serves: 6 – 8 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 50 – 60 mins
- 2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 3 bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup honey or rice malt syrup
- ¾ cup milk
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced. Line a medium size loaf tin with baking paper.
- Combine flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Mash two bananas in a large bowl. Cut the third banana in half-length ways and save one half to top the loaf with. Mash the other half banana in the same bowl. Add vanilla extract, honey, milk, extra virgin olive oil and eggs to the mashed bananas.
- Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and gently mix to just combine. Fold in half of the chopped almonds. (Note: be careful not to over mix).
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin, top with the remaining half banana and remaining chopped almonds.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until cooked through.