Zucchini and Quinoa Fritters
Serves: 10-15 fritters | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes
- ½ cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 cup peas
- 2 zucchinis, grated (excess moisture squeezed out)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup wholemeal self raising flour
- ½ cup halloumi, grated
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Extra virgin olive oil
Avocado and Pea Salsa:
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup peas
- ¼ punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Cook quinoa according to packet instructions. Set aside and let cool.
- Cook the peas in a small saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Place in a large bowl and use a potato masher to mash peas until coarsely mashed (alternatively you can use a blender to blitz the peas).
- Add the grated zucchini to the bowl (ensuring you have squeezed out most of the moisture. If you have too much water left in the fritters, they will be soggy and won’t get crispy).
- Add the eggs, cooked quinoa, flour, halloumi, shallot, lemon juice and a generous pinch of salt and pepper to the bowl and stir to combine (to increase moisture add more lemon juice or, to decrease moisture add more flour).
- Heat a non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Add a heaped tablespoon of mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Remove from the pan and cover to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining oil and mixture.
- To make the salsa, add cooked peas and avocado to a blender and blitz until desired consistency achieve. Add cherry tomatoes and mix. Serve fritters with smashed avocado salsa, and drizzle with lemon juice.
If you love this recipe then you should checkout our Nutrition Reboot Program for loads more delicious and healthy recipes. The program includes:
- 8 week meal plan
- Over 55 delicious and healthy recipes
- 8 weeks of nutrition content to help you lose weight, boost energy and feel your best
- 30+ nutritional videos
- Access to private Facebook community
- Ongoing support and motivation
- Live Q&A
- 24/7 access to a dietitian
- Downloadable cheatsheet
- All available online