Zucchini & Pea Slice
Serves: 6-8 | Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 30-40 mins
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 4 medium zucchinis, grated (squeeze out as much of the moisture as you can)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 300g ricotta cheese
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas, thawed and smashed with a fork
- 2 tbsp pesto sauce (we used The Biting Truth’s homemade pesto, find the recipe here)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a non stick fry pan, heat olive oil and add the onion and cook for a few minutes. Then add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine grated zucchini, parmesan, flour, onion and garlic. Mix to combine.
- In the centre of the bowl make a well, add the eggs and mix to combine.
- Add in ricotta, peas and pesto.
- Pour mixture into a 20 x 30 cm baking tin (lined with baking paper).
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes. Cut into small snack size serves or larger slices for a meal!