Sweet Potato, Date & Oat Slice
Serves: 12 – 15 | Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup dates, finely chopped (option to use sultanas or any dried fruit)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 small sweet potato, grated (option to use carrot instead)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (option to leave nuts out to make nut-free)
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup honey or rice malt syrup or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius (356 Fahrenheit) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, date, cinnamon and walnuts. Stir to combine.
- Add grated sweet potato to the mixture and stir.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs lightly. If using olive oil, whisk it in with the eggs. Then add this mixture to the flour mixture.
- Add honey or rice malt syrup and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into the baking tray and bake in oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.