Sweet Potato & Avocado Bites
Makes: 20 sweet potato & avocado bites | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, sliced into thick circles
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to season
- 1 large avocado, pitted
- ¾ cup edamame beans, shelled
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup radish sprouts, to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line a large tray with baking paper.
2. Add the sliced sweet potatoes, cumin, paprika, olive oil, and a pinch of sea salt to a bowl. Use your hands to toss and coat the sweet potato.
3. Spread the sweet potato slices out into a single layer. Bake for 15 minutes or until tender (turn them over half way through).
4. Cook the edamame beans according to packet instructions.
5. In a food processor add the avocado, edamame, lemon juice and a pinch of sea salt and blitz until smooth.
6. Spread the sweet potato slices out of a serving platter.
7. Top each slice with a dollop of smashed avocado, one tomato slice, and a sprinkling of radish sprouts.
8. Season with salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy!