Serves: 4-6 | Prep time: 20 mins | Cook time: 35-40 mins
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch silverbeet, stems removed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 100g reduced fat feta cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dry
- 1/2 Lemon rind
- 2 sheets reduced fat puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp sesame seeds (or poppy seeds)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Round, 25 cm oven proof dish
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius fan oven.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a pan over medium heat and sautee onion. Stir for a few minutes. Then add the silverbeet and continue to stir until wilted. Squeeze out any excess moisture in the silverbeet if necessary and set aside.
- Roast pine nuts on a pan or in the oven, until golden brown.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine feta cheese, cheddar cheese, roasted pine nuts, eggs, oregano, lemon rind, salt and pepper. Then add the spinach mixture and stir well to combine.
- Line the greased oven dish with one of the sheets of pastry.
- Fill with spinach mixture and create a lid on top with the second pastry sheet.
- Brush the top with the egg yolk and scatter sesame/ poppy seeds on top.
- Place in oven and cook for around 35-40 minutes.