Spiced Tofu & Prawn Stir Fry
Serves: 4 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 15 mins
For those with allergies or intolerances this recipe is dairy free
- 250g of tofu and/or Aussie banana prawns
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 small zucchinis, sliced
- 150 -200g button mushrooms
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 3 green shallots, sliced
- 1 red chilli, sliced (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 packet Egg noodles
- Tablespoon honey
- Tablespoon oyster sauce
- 30g pine nuts
- 1 lime, juiced
- Extra Virgin olive oil
1. Heat olive oil in a wok over medium heat. Add sliced onion and stir fry for 2 – 3 minutes. Then add the tofu, zucchini, mushrooms and garlic and stir for a further 2-3 minutes.
2. Add cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper and oyster sauce and stir to coat. Add capsicum, shallots, chilli and honey and continue to cook, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile cook the egg noodles (or rice) as per packet instructions
4. Add pine nuts and lime juice and allow to cook for 4-5 minutes.
5. Serve up with egg noodles (or rice), season to taste and enjoy!
For more healthy and delicious recipes, click here.